We are looking for a proactive, experienced Assistant Director of Finance to support our Director of finance in leading the team and managing the day-to-day operations of the accounts department.
You will be responsible for:
- Assisting the Director of Finance in ensuring that profitability is optimized within the business
- Overseeing, managing and supporting the day-to-day operations of the department and General Accountant and F&B Cost Controller
- Maintaining accurate accounting records and provide financial reports for the hotel under the umbrella of the company accounting system. Comply with company timetables and policies
- Preparation of monthly management accounting pack including Profit and Loss Account, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow. Ensuring a fair reflection of the business performance with regular reconciliations of all accounts
- Participating in a monthly performance review meeting with management and ownership
- Preparation of weekly financial reports
- Leading monthly P&L review meetings with various hotel HOD’s
- Maintaining a focused system of internal controls, which will provide effective and efficient control over the hotel assets, liabilities, revenue and costs. Ensure compliance with company policy
- Ensuring compliance of hotel’s VAT, payroll, taxation and administrative matters with regulatory requirements, GDPR and PCI, Purchase Order system
- Managing bank/cash flows and accurate reconciliation with correct handling of cash throughout the property and Credit Card reconciliation
- Accounts Receivable – Ensuring that the system of recording, invoicing and chasing of payments is done in an effective manner and debtor is tracked and monitored periodically
- Utilising reporting incorporating benchmarking, identification and measurement of key performance indicators. Reporting should not only look to historical performance within the hotel, but also outwards and forwards
- Understanding and measuring cost drivers for the hotel. Utilising innovative analysis to stimulate thought and management action
- Alongside the DOF manage the formulation, review and approval process for budgeting within the hotel
- Ensuring a regular cycle of forecasting takes place within the hotel with content and detail appropriate to the needs of the operation
- Providing support and advice on financial and commercial matters to the DOF and hotel team
- Reviewing management information for the hotel and make proposals for the DOF for value-added initiatives. Challenge standard practices and proposals.
To be successful in your application, you must have the following:
- Previous experience as an Assistant Director of Finance/Assistant Financial Controller within hotels
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office (advanced Excel) and the ability to master systems (Sun Systems, Micros POS, Opera PMS)
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task and to tight deadlines
- Right to unrestricted employment in the UK
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance and Accounting or equivalent.
What do we offer?
Along with receiving a competitive salary, successful candidates will benefit from a comprehensive benefits package along with working in a fun and stimulating culture.
So, if this advert appeals to you, you meet the criteria above and are interested in being a part of this great team then please apply now by sending your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please kindly note that due to the high level of response you will only be contacted if your skills and experience fulfils the criteria for the role and if the position you applied for is still available.
Previous experience as an Assistant Director of Finance/Assistant Financial Controller within hotels